COVID – 19 Procedures
We are seeing patients in the office. Below are the steps we are taking to ensure the safety of our patients and employees.
We continue to offer curbside service for clean and checks, repairs, batteries and other supplies. Our Doctors are also available by telehealth or phone to help trouble shoot any problems you may be having with your hearing aids.
- Hand sanitizer will be easily accessible throughout the office
- Social distancing greater than 6 feet and other steps to minimize direct contact between individuals will be exercised when possible
- Offices, sound booth, and public areas should be cleaned and sanitized after every patient
- All AHC staff will be screened for temperature and COVID-19 symptoms daily upon arrival for shift. Stall will be required to stay home if sick.
- Doctors and office staff should wear medical or surgical grade masks and gloves at all times.
- Sanitization products – ie, surface cleaner, gloves and mask should be available.
- AHC staff should wash hands for 20 seconds after coming in contact with patients and/or devices.
- All patients and other guests will be screened for temperature and COVID-19 symptoms upon arrival or each visit. Those failing the screening will be encouraged to contact their healthcare provider, will be rescheduled and not permitted in the office.
- Visitors allowed only when necessary for vulnerable populations needing assistance, minors, etc. and then only to minimum essential extent. AHC staff will remind the patient when personally calling about their appointment.
- All patients should receive a personal phone call from the Front Office staff to confirm the appointment.
Office staff will:
- Ask screening to find out if the patient is sick
- Remind patient to stay in their vehicle until AHC staff is ready to see patient
- Inform patient they MUST wear a mask
- Inform patient their temperature will be taken before entering the building
WAITING ROOM / VISITATION:
- All appointments should be personally contacted, and asked to stay in their vehicle, call AHC so we know they are outside and an AHC staff member will be out to get them when it is time for their appointment. The front doors should remain locked.
- No one will be permitted to wait in the waiting room. All patient companions must wait in the car outside unless the doctor requests their presence.
If you are looking for communication tips for virtual/video get-togethers, or when interacting with people wearing masks, please visit our COVID tips resources page.
We know that hearing your best is more important than ever before. If you have any questions or concerns, we invite you to contact us any time.