To our family of patients…and their families, friends, neighbors and co-workers,
We hope this message finds you well amid these unprecedented times surrounding the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
Our intention in this message to you is to inform you of the many steps we are taking at Audiology & Hearing Center to serve you best, and to ensure optimal levels of health and safety for you as we all navigate this situation together.
Since the news and developments regarding COVID-19 are changing very rapidly, information can and will be updated as often as necessary to keep you, our valued patients, up to date. Ultimately, please know that we are committed to serving you at the highest levels possible, through any circumstances. We are also fully committed to minimizing risks to our patients and their families, all of our team members, as well as our families and the community.
- Updated Hours:
Paducah Monday – Thursday
9am – 3pm
9am – 3pm
We will be offering curbside service for Clean and Checks, Minor Repairs, Batteries and Supplies.
If you happen to know of any family members, friends, co-workers or neighbors who are unable to see their own hearing aid provider we are here for them as well.
- To avoid having companions waiting in our reception room, we will text or call you to let you know when the patient appointment has been completed. NOTE: We are also allowing a little extra time between appointments to minimize waiting times and allow for extra infection control measures.
- We are taking extra measures to protect you, including “double wiping” treatment areas after each patient. Common countertops, doors and restrooms will be wiped down hourly regardless of patient volume.
- If you or someone in your family is currently or has experienced ANY symptoms of illness (including fever, cough, or flu-like symptoms) during the last 14 days before your scheduled appointment, please notify us as soon as possible. We will happily reschedule your appointment to a future date at least two weeks after your latest reported date of being symptom free. You will incur no additional costs or fees due to any rescheduling as a result of your health conditions.
- If you are advised by a health care professional to “self-quarantine” yourself due to recent travel OR potential exposure to COVID-19, OR others who have had potential exposure to the virus, please notify us as soon as possible. We will happily reschedule your appointment to a future date at least one week after the end date of your self-quarantine period. You will incur no additional costs or fees due to any rescheduling as a result of a self-quarantine situation.
- Our entire team is under strict orders to monitor our own health and any potential symptoms of illness. In the event that anyone from our team experiences any symptoms of illness, each affected person must self-quarantine away from the office for a period of at least 2 weeks after the latest reported date of being symptom free. NOTE: Our schedule may need to be adjusted according to available doctor and/or team members if this situation arises.
THANK YOU for entrusting us with caring for your hearing care! We value our relationships with you, and we assure you that we are doing everything we can to continue to provide you with excellent experiences in our office. We are also dedicated to protecting your health, and the health of all those in our communities and beyond.
If you have ANY questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (270) 554-6000.
We offer our prayers and warmest thoughts and wishes to you and your families and friends. We will emerge from this stronger, wiser and better prepared for the next challenges that come our way!
All our best,
Dr. Tony Milliano
Dr. Whitney Cope
Dr. Jared Anderson
Audiology & Hearing Center
4570 Pecan Drive, Suite A
Paducah, KY 42001